Cinnamon Ornaments

So I was trying to think of a cute way to label some family gifts and thought it would be fun to make ornaments and then it's not only a tag, it's a gift! What better than an cinnamon ornament. Super easy and they smell amazing!

Pin It

What you need:
1/4 cup of applesauce (and then a little more just in case)
1 cup of ground cinnamon
1/2 cup of glue (note: a typical bottle of kids glue is 4oz so you will need a full one of these)
Cookie cutter in desired shape
Rolling pin- I add this because, as embarrassing it is to admit, I do not own one. This would have been MUCH easier if I did. It is now on my shopping list!










How to:
1) Mix together the ground cinnamon and applesauce
2) Add the glue and mix to make thick dough (add more applesauce if too dry)









3) Roll out on a flat surface, approximately 1/4 of an inch thick. Too thick, they wont dry, too thin, they will crumble
4) Cut out shapes and move to cookie sheet











5) Using a straw, make holes













6) Bake at 200 degrees for 2 hours, flip over half way (or air dry for 24 flipping over every 4-6 hours)
7) Add ribbon and enjoy.





1 comments:

TheLittleGreenWagon said...

Hello! I just found your Blog while searching for DIY cinnamon ornament crafts! Super cute! Thanks for sharing! I pinned it to my Pinterest board! Have a great night! :)

Post a Comment


up